Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 14: Remembering It All

May 20, 2012

Today I slept for 9 hours! It felt awesome, and I do not think I have had that much sleep since before the trip. I gave my family the souvenirs I had purchased for them, and it reminded me of the fun times I had had in Ben Than Market while buying them.  My nanny came over to visit, and I showed her the pictures of my trip. I remembered a lot more details than I thought I would remember. The experience I had in Vietnam is infinitely more than what can be described with pictures and words though. I talked to my one friend who went on Chile Plus3, and our conversation furthered my reasoning and thoughts that Plus3 Vietnam truly had the best Plus3 experience! My stomach is still shrunk; for I couldn’t even finish my burger at dinner. Tomorrow will not be as easy as today because my family will be at work and school, and I will be left to entertain myself, which is a complete change from the enduring energy I exchanged with my friends on our trip! Our group has already discussed getting together for a reunion in the next month! When I look back, it is hard to choose a favorite memory from Vietnam, but some of my favorite memories were as follows: the Vung Tau Beach, shopping at Ben Than, spending nights as Lush, our Vietnamese language class, hanging out with the UEF friends, the soccer match, and climbing through the Cu Chi Tunnels. In that case, it looks like I enjoyed myself every minute of my trip, and I truly did. I would also like to thank Dr. Berman and Bryce for organizing this trip and agreeing to travel half-way around the world with 12 college students. We had the best weeks because of our hard work and dedication. I would also like to give a shout-out to TEAM YOLO! You guys became my family and I couldn’t have asked for better friends to laugh with as we experienced Vietnam! Love you guys! J

No comments:

Post a Comment