Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 13: I DON’T WANT TO GO!

May 19, 2012
Our flights got messed up early this morning. Instead of going to from Hong Kong to Chicago, our group go split on flights to San Francisco and New Jersey. Mine and Elliott’s flights so extra messed up for some reason when they double switched my flight, and then one flight got overbooked. We honestly wouldn’t not have minded at that point to take our original flight to Chicago, which was delayed 6 hours, because then we knew we would miss our flight to Pitt from Chicago, elongating the trip. But there we sat, sitting next to each other on our way to San Francisco. Neither of us wants to go home, at all! We do not miss anything from home to be honest, and we probably would have been fine living in Vietnam for the rest of the summer! That is how much we loved our trip to Vietnam! I know my Plus3 Program trip to Vietnam was the best to two weeks I am going to have this summer! I am so thankful for the opportunity to study abroad in such a unique and different culture. I definitely hope to return to Vietnam, especially HCMC, in the near future!
Later, when we got to San Francisco, Elliott and I made an obvious effort to get a burger! I didn’t realize how good a cheeseburger tasted, and we were both stuffed after eating it! Other groups missed some of their connections to get home at different points, but everyone ended up in Pittsburgh Saturday night at some point, even into the middle of the night. It was a little sad to finally land in Pittsburgh because I knew my trip had actually come to an end! My family was excited to see me at the airport, and I put on as much of a smile as I could after the whirlwind of the last 48 hours I had. I am going to need some sleep now!

No comments:

Post a Comment